Do you take care of your body so it can work properly?
If you were going to run a race, what would you do to prepare for it?
You would probably sit around, eat junk food, and watch TV or stare at an Ipod/Iphone screen all the time, right? No! If you were going to run in a race you would prepare and eat the right foods, drink lots of water, and exercise to stay fit.
In Hebrews 12:1, we read about a very important race; a spiritual race.
- This race is so important that our entire eternity counts on it!
- If we are to be running this race, our spiritual bodies need to exercise and stay nourished by eating the right kinds of “foods”.
- By reading God’s Word and staying in tune with God we can be spiritually nourished or fed.
- We can pray and exercise our faith by trusting in God.
- We can spoil our appetite for God’s Word and His Spirit by “eating junk food”, like spending too much time on social network, watching too much TV or movies, or texting all the time.
Now most people do not even take very good care of their bodies and even less care of their spiritual bodies! But which body is more important? Think about it.
One will last for eternity and the other is just a shell until God comes back and gives us a new one.
I hope you are running with patience the race that is set before you and that this simple devotion has encouraged you.
Written By: Kristyn Johnson